OpenMake Meister KB server 7.1 installation requires to invoke Meister GUI first.
Currently, the Meister GUI does not work on HP-UX Itanium but works on HP-UX PA-RISC.
As work around, we can install the KB Server in HP-UX Itanium using Meister GUI in HP-UX PA-RISC.
OpenMake Meister KB server 7.1 on the HP-UX Itanium platform
The Installer is based on Eclipse GUI and it does not run on HP-UX Itanium platform You will need to run it from a HP-UX PA-RISC machine through a SAMBA or NFS mount.
- On the Itanium machine, export /opt/openmake7 via SAMBA/NFS
- On the PA-RISC machine, mount the Itanium /opt/openmake7 to /opt/openmake7
- Transfer the Meister HP-UX PA/RISC.zip (in Binary format) to the PA-RISC machine?s /opt/openmake7
- Unzip the file.
- Run the Meister program. This will launch the installer.
- After the install is complete, unmount /opt/openmake7
- On the Itanium machine, edit the *.lax files [check ./install dir/kbserver] and update the line containing: lax.nl.current.vm= to point to the correct location of JAVA installed on the Itanium machine. Save the files.
- Run the startkb.pl [check ./install dir/kbserver] to start the KB Server.
Please note that as of February, 2008:
- Apply same method in case of applying future patch to the KB server on HP-UX Itanium.
- Meister GUI does not run on HP-UX Itanium? So, this remains unavailable feature.
- Other legacy features like command line, web client are still available.
NOTE: Support for Meister GUI on HP-UX Itanium is under investigation.