How to install CA Business Intelligence (CABI) SP7, also referred to as CABI 3.3 SP2, to an existing CABI r3 SP6 (CABI 3.3 SP1) install
Apply CABI 3.3 SP2 (BOE 3.1 SP7) to an existing CABI 3.3 SP1 (BOE 3.1 SP6 or 12.6.0.XXXX) install
You can check if 3.1 SP6 is installed by performing the following:
- Login to the Central Management Console with an Administrator account.
- Click on SETTINGS under the MANAGE section.
- The Product Version should be listed as '12.6.0.XXXX'
- Using a FTP client, download 3.1 SP7 from: ftp://ftp.ca.com/caproducts/CABI/CABI-3.x/boeXIR3_SP7/Windows/cabi-windows-boeXIR3_SP7.zip
- Extract SP7 on the CABI/BOXI server
- Take a backup of the following files to another location:
SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prm
- Review the README.TXT file for patch information. Run the following from the directory SP7 was extracted to: BIEKPATCH.EXE
- Click OK on the Language Screen
NOTE - it might take a few moments for the patch installer to initialize
- Click on NEXT
- Accept the License Agreement and click on NEXT
- Enter the CABI CMS Administrator Password and click on NEXT
- Select 'Yes, automatically redeploy the web applications' and click on NEXT
- Click on NEXT to begin the CABI SP7 install. Be aware that the SP7 install will take some time to complete.
- Once the SP7 install is complete, click on the FINISH button to exit the SP7 install.
- To confirm that the SP7 install was successful, login to the Central Management Console with an Administrator account. Click on SETTINGS under the MANAGE section. The Product Version should be listed as '188.8.131.523'.
- Compare the following two (2) files that were backed up earlier:
- Backed up version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF\web.xml '
Current version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF\web.xml '
There should not be many differences apart from the TrustedAuthentication enablement and Authentication visibility. Merge those items only from the old file to the current file (SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF\web.xml)
- Backed up version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prm '
Current version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prm'
There should not be many differences except for Date Parameters. Merge those items only from the old ODBC.prm file to the current file (SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prm)
- Compare the other two backed up files
- Backed up version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\conf\server.xml'
Current version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\conf\server.xml '
Merge only the PORT or HTTPS type of differences.
- Backed up version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\conf\web.xml'
Current version of 'SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\conf\web.xml'
Merge only security constraints or similar settings that were customized in this file.
Note: A merge tool like WinMerge or Notepad++ could be used to easily identify the above differences.