SAP, the vendor for Business Objects, recently released Service Pack 5 (SP5) for r3.2. The following steps can be taken to update an existing CABI r3.2 install with SP5.
- Download SP5 from ftp://ftp.ca.com/CAproducts/CABI/CABI-3.x/boeXIR3_SP5/Windows/cabi-windows-boeXIR3_SP5.zip.
- Extract SP5 on the CABI/BOXI server.
- Take a backup of the following files:
SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prm
- Review the README.TXT file for patch information.
- Do not shutdown CABI/BOXI, but close all other programs (ex: Designer, Central Configuration Manager etc.).
- Run the following command via a command prompt from the directory SP5 was extracted to:
NOTE - It might take a few moments for the patch installer to initialize.
- Click on "Next".
- Accept the License Agreement and click on "Next".
- Enter the CABI CMS Administrator Password and click on "Next".
- Select 'Yes, automatically redeploy the web applications' and click on "Next".
- Confirm the CABI Tomcat configuration information and click on "Next".
- Click on "Next" to begin the CABI r3.2 SP5 install. Be aware that the SP5 install will take some time to complete.
- Once the SP5 install is complete, click on the "Finish" button to exit the SP5 install.
- Restore the files backed up from Step #3 above and restart the CABI services (Apache Tomcat and Server Intelligence Agent) via the Central Configuration Manager (CCM)
- To confirm that the CABI r3.2 SP5 install was successful, login to the Central Management Console with an Administrator account. Select "Settings" under the "Manage" section. The "Product Version" should be shown as '"188.8.131.520".