How to install Apache ANT as per ant.apache.org?
Install Apache ANT as per ant.apache.org:
1) Install JDK and set JAVA_HOME = <path to JDK> (i.e. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_55)
2) Download and extract apache-ant-1.9.6-bin.zip from ant.apache.org
3) Set ANT_HOME = <Ant extract directory> (i.e. C:\apache-ant-1.9.6)
4) Add %ANT_HOME%\bin to the Path environment variable
5) Verify Ant by running from a command prompt in any directory, following is the expected results:
Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
See TEC1267716 for information on how to copy, modify and compile/package an API Plug-in based on an out of the box sample plug-in.