Initializing Service Manager Data may be required if the data is no longer valid or if the data has grown to use up all disk space. This could also be used as a method of repairing corruption. Note that all data will be removed by performing the solution.
There are two methods of initializing the data relating to Service Manager in the Reporting database:
- Method 1: Remove all data
- Method 2: Remove data associated with a specific landscape (SpectroSERVER)
Both of these methods require the Spectrum Tomcat Service to be shut down before starting. Next:
- Navigate to $SPECROOT/bin directory; if Windows use the bash - login shell
- To initialize the entire database (method 1) type: ./SMInitializeDB.bat
- To initialize a landscape (method 2) type: ./SMInitializeLandscape.bat <landscape handle>
(Example: ./SMInitializeLandscape.bat 0x100000)
After the scripts run, it will start to initialize the database and output any errors encountered or let you know it was successful with a message similar to: "Successfully reinitialized Service Manager DB."
Please contact CA Spectrum Support for any issues encountered while running these scripts.