This document explains the steps to increase the Java Heap Size for Tomcat application server to avoid Out Of Memory errors in CA Business Intelligence.
The maximum java memory for tomcat is set to 512MB. However, if your deployment used web intelligence documents extensively the memory may not be sufficient and may result in out of memory errors. In this case the Java heap size should be increased to 1024 MB.
Java Heap Size for tomcat can be increased in two different ways.
- On the CABI server, go to Start ->All Programs ->Tomcat ->Tomcat Configuration
- Click on Java tab.
- In the Maximum Memory Pool field enter 1024 and click Apply. Click OK See Fig 1
- Restart the tomcat service from Central Configuration Manager.
- Click on Start->Run and enter regedt32 and hit Ok
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Apache Software Foundatation->Procrun2.0->BOBJTomcat->Parameters->Java
- Double click on JvmMX and select the base as decimal.
- In the value data field enter 1024. Click on OK See Fig 2
- Restart Tomcat Application Server.