The below steps outlines the procedure to create an object in Designer.
- Launch Designer from the server on which the Business Objects shipped with Service Desk is installed.
- Import the CA Service Desk universe using File -> Import.
- Create a new Object in the Universe Designer as per below.
- Type "Days Closed" in Name field, "(in.close_date - in.open_date)/(24*3600)" in Select field and select "Number" as Type, and click OK.
For Hours: (in.close_date - in.open_date)/3600
For Weeks: (in.close_date - in.open_date)/(7*24*3600)
- Save the change and export the Universe to make the changes available for universe users. Select 'File' > 'Export' from the Universe Designer menu.
- Now this object will be available in the reporting tool that accesses this Universe.