Disable Non Essential Web Service Handlers
1. Stop VAIM Services (ActiveMQ, CA SM Domain, CA SM Distribution, CA Key Performance Database, CAIAPApache, CAAIPTomcat)
2. Navigate to C:\CA\VirtualAssurance\WebServicesHandlers folder and create a new folder called "Disabled"
3. Move the following conf files into the folder
The combination of files you can disable will vary depending on usage, please contact support if you have any doubts.
- GALAXPMM.conf LparPMM.conf
DO NOT remove any files not listed here as this may break core VAIM functionality.
4. Remove disabled Web Service Handlers from the VAIM Service Control Manager:
- Navigate to C:\CA\VirtualAssurance\bin
- run caaipsecurity.exe setcurrentsession
- run caaipscutil /all > services.log
- check the services.log located under C:\CA\VirtualAssurance\bin folder for all services that return status: down
Registration detail for Service ID: caserm
On specified/default host: flabr02-E6417
Name: CA Integration to Remote Monitoring
Version: 12.9 (22.214.171.12407)
Service URL: https://flabr02-E6417:443/aip/caserm
WSDL Location: https://localhost:8443/dpm/caserm.wsdl
Service ID: caserm
On host: flabr02-E6417
Uptime: 0 day(s) 0 hour(s) 0 min 0 sec
Last update: 4/25/2018 15:32 (UTC-04:00)
Decrease VAIM SystemEDGE agent polling to the maximum value
1. Navigate to D:\CA\VirtualAssurance\conf\caaipconf.cfg
2. Set the below 3 values to 43,200 (This is 12 hours which is the maximum allowed value the application will accept)
Increase CAAIPApache thread count to improve the web servers ability to process more workflow operations concurrently
- CONFIG_KEY_METRIC_POLL_INTERVAL 43,200
- CONFIG_KEY_GLOBAL_POLL_INTERVAL 43,200
- Under <product name="CASESY"> CONFIG_KEY_POLL_INTERVAL 43,200
1. Navigate to D:\CA\VirtualAssurance\apache\conf\httpd.conf
2. Set ThreadsPerChild=240
Apache always tries to maintain a pool of spare or idle server threads, which stand ready to serve incoming requests. In this way, clients do not need to wait for a new threads or processes to be created before their requests can be served.
Increase overall responsiveness of the VAIM UI when navigating Policies and Templates:
1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\CA\SM\domainserver\User Defined Profiles\SystemEDGE folder and create a new folder called "Versions"
2. Within the new Versions folder create two additional folders named "policies" and "templates"
3. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\CA\SM\domainserver\User Defined Profiles\SystemEDGE\policies folder
4. Identify all versions of a given policy that end with a number and cut and paste them into the appropriate backup folder created in step 2 leaving only the version that is NOT numbered.
5. Repeat the same steps for the C:\ProgramData\CA\SM\domainserver\User Defined Profiles\SystemEDGE\templates folder.
VAIM will parse and load all versioned instances of the Policies and Templates from the above folders which can introduce delayed load times if these folders have many files. Pairing down this folder to contain only the most current version can have a dramatic impact on performance.
6. Once all changes are made restart all VAIM Services or Reboot Server (recommended)