Users and Groups importing is disabled by the product design to avoid security inconsistency.
However, these artifacts can be loaded into DE server as described below:
On DE targeted server:
- Make a backup of the 'DBInit' folder. This folder is located in <installdir>/Resources/DBInit.
- Remove all folders in the 'DBInit' except the 'Config'.
- Create two new folders: 'User' and 'Group'.
- Put exported user and group files into the new folders User and Group respectively.
- Ensure you rename all of the exported files with the .xml extension.
- To ensure that the 'DBInit' folder is read by DE server during the startup, create an empty file and name it 'populate' - place this file in the 'DBInit' folder.
Restart targeted DE Server
- Restart DE server and check the tracelog file to ensure that the log recorded the "populate" messages.
- Log on and check the Admin/Security perspective - the users and the groups should be shown.