Please follow these steps to generate a CSR request for an SSL certificate.
- Click on Start-->Run and type in CMD.
- Type 'CD %Java_Home%\bin <%Java_Home% = Installation directory of Java in your environment>
- Type the following command to generate the Key Pair:
"keytool -keysize 2048 -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore tomcat.keystore"
- When prompted for a password, use default password "changeit" unless you specified a different password during installation.
- You will be prompted for the following information:
First and last name: Fully-qualified domain name (FQDN), Host name, or URL - to which you plan to apply your certificate.
Organizational unit: Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization if applicable. If not enter the DBA of the company.
Organization: The name under which your business is legally registered. The listed organization must be the legal registrant of the domain name in the certificate request.
City/Locality: Name of the city in which your organization is registered/located.
State/Province: Name of state or province where your organization is located.
Country code: The two-letter country code for the country in which your organization is legally registered.
- Review that the information is correct and press 'Y'.
- To Generate a CSR enter the following command:
keytool -certreq -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -file Certificate.csr -keystore tomcat.keystore
- Enter the keystore password.
- The CSR will be created.