This "How-to" explains the steps to create a report which will show any user's most "logged on" system, based on that we can determine which system is an user's primary machine.
- In the DSM Reporter window, right click on Report Templates.
- Select New Report Template.
- Give appropriate name. (For e.g. FindPrimaryPC)
- Click on Fields tab.
- Click on Add.
- Select General Information.
- Click on Unit Relations tab.
- Expand Related Units.
- Expand User Accounts.
- Select Name and click on Add.
- Select Registration Count and click on Add.
- Select Last Agent Execution Date and click on Add.
You can also add "Last Registration Date" field while adding the fields.
However, ensure it to add after adding the fields already mentioned in the steps to maintain the order of the fields.
- click on OK on the Field Browser Window.
- On the Properties window, click on Default View.
- Select Custom HTML View.
- On the Properties for HTML View, click on Groups tab.
- Under the column, "Group | Based on", click on "Select to define".
- Under section Group Settings, select "Related[User]> Name".
- Now, click on Rows tab.
- Check the option "Show Rows".
- Under the section "Sorting".
- For First Sort by. select "Related [User]> Name".
- For Then sort by, select "Related [User]> Registration Count".
- Click on OK on the Properties for HTML View window.
- Click on OK on the Properties for the report window.
- Right click on the Report name on the left hand pane and select "Run Report".