How to Extend Weekly or other Period Type Time Slices in CA PPM
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA PPM SAAS TIME SLICING:ODTSL
CA PPM TIME SLICING:PPMTSL
How can you extend time slices to cover a larger period in the future? Example, weekly time slices only seem to go through 6/9/19 but we want to see them through December 2019.
Below are the steps to extend the time slices:
It's recommended to update one to two slices at a time (and after hours), as slice changes can cause performance issues the first time the time slicing job is run after the update (and the time slicing job may take longer to complete the first time after each update).
Pause the Time Slicing job (Make sure any currently running time slicing jobs processing also complete)
In PPM, go to Administration->Data Administration->Time Slices
Click on the time slice ID you want to extend the duration for and increase the # of periods to cover the desired range
Note: To update a certain time slice interval (IE Weekly), click on the Slice period column to sort by period type
4. Save the slice changes
5. Unpause/run a Time Slicing job instance
6. Once the time slicing job completes repeat the steps above for each remaining slice that needs to be updated
7. For the changes to be reflected in the Data Warehouse tables/Advanced reporting, then run the Load Data Warehouse job in Full mode
If updating allocation slices, they should be in the same range as Baseline and Availability Time Slices
Increasing the # of periods for daily slices can cause performance issues, so it's recommended for daily slices to use the configuration referenced in
- CA PPM: Time Slicing Terminology Explanation
- CA PPM: How Should I Configure My Time Slices?
Was this information helpful?