Here is our advise for enlarging the ILM partitions from 4 -5
We assume that you have a tablespace/filegroup for every partition. Following steps have to be done (Step 1 first, Step 5 last)
1. Add tablespaces/filegroups to your database for STATISTICS, REPORTS, MISC according to your existing ones.
2. Add a entry with key 5 to UC_ILM_CONTAINER_STATISTICS with the according tablespace/filegroup name.
3. Add a entry with key 5 to UC_ILM_CONTAINER_REPORTS with the according tablespace/filegroup name.
4. Add a entry with key 5 to UC_ILM_CONTAINER_MISC with the according tablespace/filegroup name.
5. Edit UC_ILM_SETTINGS and change value for key ONLINE_PARTITIONS from 4 to 5 - don't change any other settings.
That's all. There is no chance to loose data. No downtime/no maintenance window necessary. The tablespaces/filegroups are used in round robin mode. Within the next switches the new tablespaces/filegroups will be used automatically.