Starting in Process Automation 3.1 SP1 CP12 we have added the ability to Automate the Archiving and Purging of completed PAM processes, but this setting is off by default after an Upgrade and must be configured.
Instructions for 3.1 SP1 CP12:
Log into Process Automation as an Admin and open the CA Process Automation Client.
- Navigate to the Configuration Browser. If you do not see the Configuration browser, open it from the File menu.
- Expand the Orchestrators Pallet from the lower left. corner.
- Highlight the Orchestrator Name, right click and Lock.
- Click on the Policies Tab
- Specify values for Minimum Days of Process History, No of Days to Keep Archived Data, and ensure Option to Purge Archive Data is set to Purge Archived Data Daily.
- Save the modifications.
- Click the Delete Archived Instance button - specify the date range, and purge the Archive to clear all processes that where Archived prior to the upgrade as they will not have any Purge schedule configured.
The Following example shows the Default, recommended values.
For 4.x, the Policies are under the Configuration Tab, but otherwise the configuration is the same: