I am working on enabling script execution within SystemEDGE agent to restart a failed service. The agent detects the service down condition but does not execute the script to restart the service.
By default actions are disabled within SystemEDGE.
To enable action execution on an agent that is in unmanaged mode do the following:
1. Stop SystemEDGE.
2. Navigate to the SystemEDGE Port# folder.
3. Edit the sysedge.cf file and comment out the no_actions parameter.
4. Start SystemEDGE.
To enable action execution on an agent that is managed by VAIM do the following:
1. Navigate to Base Policy within VAIM.
2. Go to the Control Settings Tab.
3. Under Security Settings select the "Execution Action" flag.
4. Save policy and apply the updated base policy to SystemEDGE host(s) where action execution needs to be enabled.
SystemEDGE Port# folder locations by OS:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CA\SystemEDGE\port#