1. Open the smconsole, go to PROFILER tab
2. ENABLE the “Enable Pofiling” check box.
3. Under OUTPUT, enable “output to file” checkbox and select a location for the
Policy server trace file.
NOTE:- The locations showns in the snapshots are the DEFAULT locations.
4. After above 3 steps is completed, click on “Configure Settings”
5. To gather maximum information, please select all the components and move them to the right side (“Selected Components section”)
NOTE: - If you wish to capture any specific component information, you can add only that component, instead of all.
6. Now got to the next “DATA” tab.
7. On this tab, select all the DATA fields and move them to the right side (“Selected Data Fields Section”)
8. Apply & OK.
Once all above steps are implemented, a new smtracedefault.log file will be created.
NOTE: - The changes made to the profiler take effect dynamically. Policy server restart is not necessary.
Without Using SmConsole:-
1. Refer this KB Article to turn on policy server tracing
2. To add all the COMPONENENTS & DATA FIELDS (which will capture maximum information), edit the smtracedefault.txt file located under <Install_Dir>\CA\siteminder\config.
3. Copy Below config data and paste it in to your smtracedefault.txt file
components: AgentFunc, Server, IsProtected, Login_Logout, IsAuthorized, Tunnel_Service, JavaAPI, Directory_Access, ODBC, LDAP, IdentityMinder, TXM, Fed_Server, SharePointAgent, DLP
data: Date, PreciseTime, Time, Pid, Tid, SrcFile, Function, TransactionID, AgentName, Resource, User, Group, Realm, Domain, Directory, Policy, AgentType, Rule, ErrorValue, ReturnValue, ErrorString, IPAddr, IPPort, Result, Returns, CallDetail, Data, Message, ResponseTime, ObjectClass, DomainOID, SearchKey, ObjectOID, Property, AuthStatus, AuthReason, AuthScheme, CertSerial, SubjectDN, IssuerDN, SessionSpec, SessionID, CertDistPt, UserDN, Action, RealmOID, State, ClusterID, HandleCount, FreeHandleCount, BusyHandleCount, Throughput, MaxThroughput, MinThroughput, Threshold, TransactionName, Query, ActiveExpr, RequestIPAddr, Expression, CacheHits, CacheSize, RefCount, ExecutionTime, Tenant
4. Save and exit.