This document will outline how to enable debugging for GTSubset.
If you are experiencing any issues while using Subset and either want to get more information on why you are experiencing the issue or need to send log files to CA Support, enabling debugging is a good first step. This form of debugging requires you to launch Subset through a command prompt and cannot be done through the user interface.
GTSubset (Subset)- Subset is installed as part of the CA Test Data Manager (TDM) product.
Release versions of TDM 3.5 and above.
Pre-requisites: Please exit out of the Subset application before starting.
- Go to the Subset directory folder. The default location for this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker
- Open a command prompt from this window. One way to do this is to type in 'cmd' in front of the file path and hit 'Enter' on your keyboard.
- Enter the command java -jar gtsubset.exe. This will launch Subset and record debugging information.
- Select a database profile and click the 'Connect' button.
- With the command prompt still open, recreate the issue you are experiencing.
- You should see a stack trace appear in the command prompt. This means you successfully enabled debugging. If you do not know how to fix the issue after analyzing the stack trace, then please record this information, and send it to support. The following steps will tell you how to accomplish this.
- At the top of the command prompt window, right-click, select 'Edit' from the list.
- Click on the 'Mark' option.
- You should be able to highlight the text in the command prompt. Select all of the text and hit 'Enter' on your keyboard. Now the information has been copied to your clipboard.
- Paste the text into a program like 'Notepad'.
- Attach this information to your support case or email the support engineer you are working with.
If you experience any further licensing issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call 1-800-225-5224.