This document will outline how to enable debugging/logging for the Rally Connector in Agile Designer.
If you are experiencing any issues while using Rally (Agile Central) with Agile Designer and either want to get more information on why you are experiencing the issue or need to send log files to CA Support, enabling debugging is a good first step. The result of enabling debugging are logs and other files that may contain a clearer error message or relay more details of when the error occurred in the scenario you are testing. This can be very helpful when troubleshooting a potential bug or finding out where things went wrong. This form of debugging can be turned on from within Agile Designer’s user interface so that you will not need to change any configuration files.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD), formerly Test Case Optimizer (TCO)
Product release versions 1.9.5 and above.
- Click on the 'File' tab in the toolbar.
- Choose 'Settings' from the drop down list.
- Check the box for 'Rally' logging so it is turned on.
- Click the 'Save' button.
- Use Agile Designer again and try to re-import or export your flow to Rally.
- Go to %AppData%\Roaming\Grid-Tools\logs\AgileDesigner.log
- Review the log file and take note of any error messages.
- Send the log file to support
- Delete any sensitive data from the log file, if needed.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call 1-800-225-5224.