Debug for the Spectrum telnet daemon was introduced in CA Spectrum version 9.2.1 and above. This debug works in 9.3 and above as well. This tech doc informs you how to enable that debug.
As of Spectrum 9.2.1 and above the Spectrum telnet daemon has debug settings that can be utilized.
- Start SpectroSERVER and ensure that telnetd is running
- Navigate to the <SPECROOT>/telnetd directory, and edit the config.xml
- Change the debugging to 'on' Ie. change the "off" to "on"
- Wait about one minute (a restart of the telnetd process is not required),
- Veiw the <SPECROOT>/TELNETD.OUT to verify the configuration changes
An entry similar to the following will show in the TELNETD.OUT: (Timer-0) [configChanged] - debug set to true
- Start a OneClick client and telnet to a device, then verify that the telnet works as normal
- Verify that the debug info is displayed in TELNETD.OUT
- Edit config.xml and turn off debugging
- Wait about one minute, then verify there is a configuration change message in the TELNETD.OUT
An entry similar to the following will show in the TELNETD.OUT: (Timer-0) [configChanged] - debug set to false
- Start a new telnet session and verify that there are no debug outputs to TELNETD.OUT