Please refer to the following steps for enabling Application Discovery:
1. The following are the prerequisites.
- robot 7.90 or later
- nis_server v8.51 or later
- Attribute Publisher plug-in (attr_publisher) v7.90 or later
- The latest versions of the following probes:
- perfmon (required for iis and exchange_monitor)
- processes (required for exchange_monitor)
- ntservices (required for exchange_monitor)
The following must be performed to enable Application Discovery in USM through MCS.
- Click on the Pencil icon in USM
- Check all of the boxes, where the appropriate resources have been installed. In my particular instance, this is Oracle and the UNIX/Windows systems.
- Once the Save button is clicked, it will start discovering the resources installed within your infrastructure. This can take several minutes.
- Once the systems have been discovered, then you will need to select the appropriate group under “Discovered Application Systems”.
- Now when clicking the Monitoring tab, all of the appropriate sections show automatically.