The batch VSAM reload program is a facility that allows a new CA-Teleview VSAM configuration file in REPRO unloaded SEQUENTIAL format to be rolled into production
through submission of a batch job. It is not necessary to bring down the CA-Teleview region.
- Using the CONFIG application, a COPY of the VSAM file currently in production is edited and changes are made.
- The VSAM file is converted to sequential format with IDCAMS.
- JCL for the VSWAPDB BATCH VSAM RELOAD PROGRAM is submitted. The CONFIG unload is to a flat file with record format of fixed block and logic record length of 180.
- When VSWAPDB starts executing, it will determine which VSAM file is not in use for logons to CA-Teleview and proceed to RELOAD IT. If CA-Teleview is not
active, VSWAPDB will always reload the VFIGTEST file.
- After the sequential VSAM input file is copied to VFIGTEST or VFIGPROD, the VSAM file is optionally put into production for logons to CA-Teleview. VSWAPDB
does this by issuing commands to the running CA-Teleview region to cause it to switch logon processing to the inactive VSAM file (which VSWAPDB just finished
reloading). VSWAPDB puts the new file into production when a PROMOTE command is found in the VINPUT DD statement.
- Finally, VSWAPDB optionally updates the CA-Teleview startup JCL by setting the CONFIG keyword equal to the file that was just reloaded. VSWAPDB will only do
this when a PROCUPD command is found in the VINPUT DD statement. This step ensures that the new file will be used for logons to CA-Teleview the next time it