This document will explain how to download CA Agile Requirements Designer from CA Support Online.
Before you get started downloading the product, please read through the product release notes and installation documentation of the version you will be downloading:
If you need to see documentation for a different version of the product:
- Click on 'Versions' in the top, right-hand corner of the documentation page.
- From the dropdown list, please choose the version that you need.
In order to download the product, you will need CA Support Online access.
- To verified you are registered, you will see 'Basic Access' and 'CA Support' chosen on your 'My Profile' page.
- If you do not see this, it means you need to register for 'CA Support' access.
- Here is a document with instructions on how to register for this access: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1913535.html
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer
- Login to CA Support Online: https://support.ca.com
- Click on the 'Download Management' link.
- In the search bar, type 'Agile Requirements Designer' and click on the search result.
- Choose the 'Product Downloads Available' option.
- In the 'Product Downloads' window, select a specific ARD version to be taken to the download page. What product options show depend on your contract with CA.
- Standalone: This version of ARD is for a user who needs to model business logic, explicit functional requirements, and import/export user stories/requirements to Agile Central, JIRA, and HP ALM. Feature set includes basic modeling functions only and connectors with JIRA, Agile Central, and HP ALM.
- Workgroup: This version of ARD is for a user who needs to model business logic, analyze and optimize test coverage, and generate test cases in an integrated fashion within SDLC life cycle. This includes integration with Agile Central, JIRA, and HP ALM. Feature set includes standalone capabilities + Test Case Generation and Optimization.
- Automation Builder: If you have purchased an 'Automation Builder Add-On' license, it will include everything the Workgroup license offers in addition to scripting, automation, and integration with Automation Frameworks such as Ranorex, Selenium, QC, etc.
- If you are not seeing any of these options or have a question, please contact our Global Service Center (GSC) to see what you are entitled to download: http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html or https://comm.support.ca.com/csupport/CustomerCareForm
- On the specific download page you can choose the Release and Service Pack number.
- For example, to receive ARD 2.5.5, you would choose Release 2.5 with Service Pack 0005.
- Once done, click the cloud icon to start the download process.
- You will be given the option to choose what download method you would like to use. The CA recommended way is using the 'Enhanced Download Manager' option.
- If you have not downloaded the product before you will be given an option to set your download preference to the Enhancement Download Manager. We recommend you click the 'Yes' option.
- A 'Download Status Page' window will appear. You will be prompted to save the download file. Choose a location and click the 'Save' button.
- Once downloaded you will receive a 'Download Complete' message. Click the 'OK' button in that message and the 'X' icon in any other download window.
- Go to the location where you chose the zip file to be downloaded to and verify that there is a setup executable.
- To install Agile Designer, please follow the instructions in the documentation: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-7/en/installing/install-ca-agile-requirements-designer
- To license Agile Designer, please follow the instructions in the documentation: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-7/en/installing/license-ca-agile-requirements-designer