I have mistakenly installed a hub to a robot and I want to uninstall to the hub from this robot, how can I achieve this? How do I downgrade a hub to robot?
This is not a common scenario but you might need a hub to become a simple robot, either because the hub probe was mistakenly deployed on a robot or either because the monitoring strategy for the concerned system has changed.
There is no supported or automated process for doing this, so achieving this supposes some manual work.
■ The cleanest way of doing this is to completely uninstall the robot and hub from the system, remove it from inventory and redeploy the robot from scratch, as a normal robot.
Before doing this be sure a copy of probe's CFG files you'd like to keep in the "new" robot. Once you have the new robot installed you can deploy the needed probe and restore the CFG's. (•Stop the probe •replace the backup CFG into the probe folder •start the probe)
■ A Manual procedure for "downgrading" a hub to being a simple "robot" (without uninstalling) can be the below:
1. Move any robot that is attached to this hub to other hubs
2. RDP/SSH to the system hosting the hub
3. Stop the Nimsoft Service Controller (/etc/init.d/nimbus stop)
4. Update any robot.cfg entry that points to the wrong hub and revert back:
5. Save robot.cfg
6. Delete the content of the nimsoft/niscache folder
7. Rename the Nimsoft/hub folder as OLDhub
8. Open IM, go your primary hub GUI and remove this hub from the "Names Services" if the hub is listed as static route there.
9. RDP/SSH to the primary hub. Stop the Nimsoft Service Controller (/etc/init.d/nimbus stop), delete the file nimsoft/hub/hub.sds
10. Start the nimsoft service controller on the primary hub
11. Start the nimsoft service controller on the secondary hub
12. Go to USM and in the inventory node search for any entry for this robot, you may see a duplicate. Select and delete any entry for this robot. (DO NOT TICK: "prevent rediscovery" "delete alarms" "delete measurements")
13. Restart the discovery_server.
14. In IM check and see if your robot is listed under the correct hub. In the robot you may see there is a hub probe in red state/unverified. Right click > Delete it.
15. Check your DB if discovery worked properly:
select * from CM_NIMBUS_ROBOT where robot = '<name of the robot>'
The robot should show "is_hub" attribute equals to 0 (while hubs are=1)
The probes that were installed previously in the hub should be working normally.