After applying several 17.0 IDMS apars (including RO48511 / RI48442), IDMS startup has this new message:
DC024000 V8 T0 HEALTH CHECKER: Infrastructure initialized
The IBM health checker is not active on the system; how to install IBM's Health Checker or disable/permanently delete CA IDMS health checks from IBM's Health Checker.
During CA IDMS Startup; the following message means the IBM Health Checker is not active on the IDMS system:
IDMS DC024000 V1700 T0 HEALTH CHECKER: Initialization failed!
There are two options available in response to this message:
- Install the IBM Health Checker for z/OS and add the CA Health Checks as described below:
- Refer to the IBM documentation "Setting Up IBM Health Checker for z/OS" in the IBM Health Checker for z/OS User's Guide for more information.
- Install the CA Health Checker Common Service. Refer to PIB RI05071 for more information.
- CA IDMS PTF RO12080 implements the Health Checker code for IDMS release 17.0, indicating that CA IDMS now exploits the IBM Health Checker Facility. Each Health Check issues its output as messages, which you can view using SDSF, the HZSPRINT utility, or a log stream that collects a history of check output.
- Ensure CA IDMS PTF RO48511: CHANGES TO HEALTH CHECKER DC024000 MESSAGE TEXT, (17.0) or RI48442 MESSAGES AND CODES UPDATES (18.0) have been applied to reflect the new DC024000 and DC024001-DC024007 Health Checker messages
- Permanently delete or temporarily disable the CA IDMS health checks:
These steps are also documented in the IBM Health Checker for z/OS User's Guide (SA22-7994-nn) and are not specific to CA IDMS.
- Add member SYS1.PARMLIB(HZSPRM00) with the following statement:
ADDREPLACE POLICY STMT(DEL1) DELETE CHECK(CA_IDMS,*) DATE(yyyymmdd)
- In order to put the HZSPRMxx changes into effect, you either need to recycle the health checker address space or issue:
This will only stop new instances of the check being added.
- To delete any currently active checks, also issue command:
Note: Certain system privileges are required to issue the Health Checker commands and to update the SYS1.PARMLIB members. See IBM Health Checker for z/OS User's Guide, 1.2.5 Create security definitions.
IBM Health Checker for z/OS User's Guide (SA22-7994-nn)
RO12080: ADD HEALTH CHECKS TO RELEASE 17.0
RI05071: CA HEALTH CHECKER COMMON SERVICE NOW AVAILABLE (z/OS r11 SP8)
RO48511: CHANGES TO HEALTH CHECKER DC024000 MESSAGE TEXT
RI48442: MESSAGES AND CODES UPDATES