How to disable form definition caching in Service Catalog?
Following is the steps to disable the form definition caching :
- Open the file ehcache.xml located in the following folder USM_HOME/view/conf in a text editor
- Locate the following line
- <cache name="system.form.cache" maxBytesLocalHeap="100M" eternal="false" overflowToDisk="false" timeToIdleSeconds="86400" timeToLiveSeconds="120000"/>
- Change the following values
- timeToIdleSeconds =2
- timeToLiveSeconds =2
- Save the file
- Restart catalog windows service for the change to effect *
* Please note that it is mandatory to recycle the Service Catalog service after the above changes
Form caching is recommended for faster performance of Service Catalog when rendering catalog requests with multiple forms or big forms but needed to disabled in the development environments where the developers can test the changes made to the forms on the fly.