When upgrading from an older release what should be take into account to determine the most appropriate release to upgrade to. What resources are available to assist in making this decision?
When planning which release to upgrade to, consideration should be given to the following:
1. What release of the CA Database Management Solutions for IMS for z/OS are you currently running
2. What are the currently supported releases of the CA Database Management Solutions for IMS for z/OS
3. Which version(s) of IMS are you running
4. Which release of z/OS are you running
5. What is the current life-cycle of the currently supported releases and how do they fit with the plans to upgrade.
Once you know the above then you should consider which releases of the CA Database Management Solutions for IMS for z/OS support are compatible with the relevant version(s) of IMS and release of z/OS.
Then consider if any of the releases that meet the above criteria are soon to be EOS.
Lastly you should consider what new functionality is available with each new release, what enhancements are available and whether an Incremental Release is for you.