On Unix/Linux environments the lic98 install has steps:
- gunzip lic98.tar.gz
- untar lic98.tar
- execute ./install
There is no log or checkpoint that would confirm successful installation, so other relevant information will have to be reviewed.
We could check the following things:
- The first thing we want to ensure is there was no error displayed during installation.
- After installation, we could check the install directory for example /opt/CA/SharedComponents/ca_lic
- Ensure lic98.dat is present there which keeps the demo license information.
- Also try to execute several executable just to ensure relevant utility binaries are ok:
liclog -l [show license activity, it may have minimal license including machine info]
CAmtype [shows machine info]
lic98version [shows lic98 version]
- After all server component are installed, if the broker starts fine then it means lic98 is installed fine.
NOTE: In this document we are assuming it is fresh install and using demo license.