The CA SCM server connects to database via CAI/PT ODBC in UNIX/LINUX and may have different CAI/PT ODBC versions depending upon the patch level and CA SCM product release version. It is important to ensure that we have corresponding versions of CAI/PT ODBC.
We can check following in CA SCM [Formerly Harvest] server:
In R12.0 UNIX/LINUX
All UNIX/LINUX has the version information in $ODBC_HOME/version_rls.txt and following are the exact info
SOLARIS rls v3.11 2007/02/01 19:48 SOL
HP PA rls v3.11 2007/02/01 21:15 HP11
HP IA rls v3.11 2007/02/01 18:39 HPITAN
AIX rls v3.11 2007/02/02 20:53 AIX42
LINUX rls v3.11 2007/02/02 20:10 Linux-Intel
NOTE: Windows will use native ORACLE/MSSQL driver in R12.0
In r7.1 p2/sp1/sp2
SOLARIS rls v3.11 2006/06/08 20:20 SOL
HP PA rls v3.11 2006/06/08 23:36 HP11
HP IA rls v3.11 2006/06/09 12:36 HPITAN
AIX rls v3.11 2006/06/09 17:03 AIX42
LINUX rls v3.11 2006/06/09 16:26 Linux-Intel
In Windows %RTHOME%\vrsn_rls.txt rls v3.11 2006/04/21 18:43 for oracle [MSSQL use Native driver]
- In UNIX/LINUX if ODBC_HOME is not defined then check script like hserver in HARVETHOME[in r7.1] or CA_SCM_HOME [in r12.0] and look for entry that sources rtinit.sh for example see below
. more $HARVESTHOME/bin/hserver [the path can be user defined]
Once you source it will show $ODBC_HOME
- Later version of ODBC have worked fine with older version of CA SCM.
- Sql Server and Ingres use native odbc driver in r 7.1xx.
- r7.1 GA version would show -> rls v3.11 2004/mm/dd [where mm/dd may differ by several days]
- r 7.1 P1 version would show ->rls v3.11 2006/04//dd [where dd may differs by several days]