How to destroy and recreate the ehealth database.
There may arise a need to destroy a typically malfunctioning database and create a new one. After that is done you would load a prior database save into the newly created database recovering your system.
All supported eHealth versions and their supported Operating Systems
To destroy and recreate the eHealth database, do the following:
1. Logon to the eHealth system as $NH_USER.
2. cd to the $NH_HOME directory
3. If on Unix, source the nethealthrc.csh
4. Stop the eHealth server:
5. Unix users, switch to the 'root' user
6. Make a backup copy of the LCF file, which is located in $NH_HOME/oracle/database/ and has the naming format "<HOSTNAME>_<ORACLE_SID>.lcf"
For example, run this command:
cp /opt/eHealth/myServer_EHEALTH.lcf /opt/eHealth/myServer_EHEALTH.lcf.ORIG
7. Run the following command:
nhDestroyDb -s EHEALTH
8. (Still as the Root user) Run the following command:
nhCreateDb -i <LCF file>
where <LCF file> is the file saved in step 6.
9. (Switch back the $NH_USER) Run the following command:
nhLoadDb -p $NH_HOME/db/save/myDb.tdb
10. Restart the eHealth server: nhServer start