Here are some situations where you would want to delete licenses or license containers:
- Applying a new license key over an expired license.
- Applying a new, permanent license key over a trial license.
- Applying a new license over a broken license.
- After connecting to a concurrent license server.
- If you have a license container other than 'AgileDesigner' in CodeMeterCC.
- Examples: 'AgileDesignerUnb', 'AgileDesigner-Trial', or 'AgileDesigner-Offline'.
A license container is like a template for the ARD license key. In most cases, you want to have the 'AgileDesigner' license container. All containers start with a '32767' number and will have a grey icon next to them in CodeMeterCC. License containers are needed when applying a new offline or online license. For user machines with concurrent licenses, you will not need a license container. With ARD 2.7+, this is deleted automatically in the License Activation Wizard when you use it to connect to a concurrent license server. If you are using ARD 2.0-2.6, you will have to delete it manually. Activated licenses for ARD all start with a '128' number and will have a blue icon next to them in CodeMeterCC. Screenshot example is below: