I created a user-defined Portlet, configuring it to display secondary values and it is not working as expected. When the end-user hovers over the value in the list view column, the value that shows up in the hover box shows the primary value, not the secondary value as defined for that attribute.
The end-user hovers over an attribute column where the data is associated with an HTML link or an image.
If you select the "Mouse Over" option (the default option), the secondary value will display in all columns where the secondary value is defined. It will even display in columns where there is a link or an image. The trick is to place your mouse not directly on the link or image, but somewhere else in the "cell". You can now see the secondary value. When you have a link or image associated with the attribute field, the link will always display the primary value when your mouse hovers over a link or an image.
Below are the steps to configure a secondary value to display on a listing portlet page.
- Configure a secondary value to display for an attribute on a Listing page portlet (for example, the Project Listing page)
- Select "Configure" from the Actions menu on the page or portlet you want to change. The Configure: List Column Layout page appears
- Click the "Fields" link. This takes you to the Configure: Fields page
- Select an attribute that you want to have a secondary value displayed. Edit the properties of the attribute so that a secondary value is selected
- Click the "Options" link. This takes you to the Configure: List Options page
- The Secondary Value Display field has two options. The default value for this field is "Mouseover only," which means that secondary value will display in a small note when you scroll over certain cells. When you want to highlight the secondary value in the attribute column in red, select the "Mouseover and redline text" value option
- Save and Submit your changes to the configuration and return to the listing page