To view or capture the debug output from an installer, you need to hold down the <CTRL> key immediately after launching the installer and until a console window appears. Before you exit the installer, copy the console output to a text file for later review.
If you have problems capturing the console output, you will need to try a slightly more convoluted method.
1. Launch the installer and allow it to extract the necessary files.
2. Once it reaches the "Preparing to Install..." window where it gives you the opportunity to choose a language, go to your windows "temp" directory.
3. Here you will find a temp folder named with several numeric digits. To make sure you have the most recent directory, sort the directories by "last modified". Open the directory.
4. You should see a file called "sea_loc". Delete it.
5. Go back to the installer, click "OK"
6. At the first opportunity, click "exit".
7. Go back to the directory inside the temp directory, where you deleted the "sea_loc" file.
8. You should find another directory called "Windows". Open it.
9. Here you should find an .exe file (most likely "install.exe"). You should then find another file with the same name except it will have a .lax extension. Open it with a plain text editor and edit the lines:
- AND -
- AND -
10. Save the file.
11. Launch the .exe.
12. When the installation is complete you should end up with an output.txt file in the same directory as the .lax file. The output.txt file should contain the same information as that generated in the console.