How to create trending and prediction report based on peak values for logged objects in CA Vantage Windows Client
I can create a trend report showing total allocated GB of a storage pool over a given period of time. Vantage captures and logs this data every 15 minutes. If I create a trend report over the last 60 days I will see peaks and valleys for each day. What I need to see is the peak for each day for 60 days. Therefore, each data point in the graph will be the highest point of utilization for that day.
CA Vantage Windows Client
As example I choose POOLS object to display maximum allocation for Storage Groups per day for last 60 days
Right click on base object and select New Summary Object.
Newly created Summary Object will display one value per day, per column
- On wizard first page click Next and choose one relevant name and description for new summary object, click next
- On the Source Object, I select LOG - Logged Data, click Next
- On Period, I select time period, click Next.
Example: I select Relative Period, Start from Today Minus 59 Day(s) For 60 Day(s),
- On Method, I choose Value Method and click Next
- On Value Method, I select Log Hdr Date and SG Name, click Next
- On Content, I select Allocated Bytes and from Aggregate, I select MAX. I choose to count the values so I click on Count check box, click OK
Newly created Summary Object will open and display maximum value of allocated bytes during one day and because we choose count, will display also how many records are logged for one Storage Group
To perform trend analysis I need to log newly created Summary Object once a day.
Once the logging is in place will collect daily maximum values.
New logged data will be available on the new defined Summary Object -> Operate -> Show Log/Cap -> Log.
Based on new logged data I can create trending and prediction reports for maximum Storage Groups allocation.
Base Object, POOLS in my example, need to be logged.
Wiki/Product Documentation is available to this link: https://docops.ca.com/ca-vantage/12-6/en/windows-client/
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA Vantage if you have further questions.