How to create portal views using Sites in UMP 8.4, 8.5.1 and 9.0
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Unified Infrastructure Management
UIM - UMP:UIMUMP
This document applies to CA UIM Unified Management Portal (UMP) 8.4, 8.5.1 and 9.0
If you are running
CA Nimsoft UMP 7.x and CA UIM Unified Management Portal (UMP)
8.2, 8.3.1 please refer to the below KB:
How to create portal views using Sites in CA Nimsoft UMP 7.x and CA UIM Unified Management Portal (UMP) 8.2, 8.3.1 - KB000112092
The purpose of this document is to detail the steps to deploy customized end-user experiences within CA UIM UMP, in terms of:
a) admin-specified Read-Only Portal Views (defined as a particular set of public and private pages and portlets exported to LAR files and imported into a Site)
b) removing Public and Private pages for all users (as defined in Liferay)
• The UMP is built upon Liferay Portal technology, and the Liferay forums and documentation are invaluable when making deep customization within this technology.
• You can download this guide as a word doc. (attached)
CA UIM Unified Management Portal (UMP) 8.4, 8.5.1 and 9.0
Creating a set of Pages and Portlets
The first consideration is what pages and portlets do you want to deploy to end users? Typically, in an MSP deployment, for instance, the administrator will want to limit the amount of options that an end users has.
For instance, you may create a view with only 3 menu options:
USM Alarm views | Unified Dashboards | Cabi
, as shown below:
Required Steps to Create a Portal View:
1) Setup all the tabs, pages and portlets you wish to present to the customer
2) Go to Manage > Site Pages
3) Export the LAR file: Click the Export button (found at Manage > Site Pages)
4) Name the export, leave all default options, and click the Export button
Creating a Site and Importing a View
Once you have created a satisfactory Portal View, you will want to import it into a Site. First you must create the site.
Create the new Site
1) From the Go to menu, select Control Panel, then Sites
2) Click Add > Blank Site
3) Name the site (for example, “Customer View”), and choose type “Private”, then Save
4) Click View All to return to the Sites page
5) Assign users to that site (Actions > Manage Memberships)
6) Click Add Members > User
Import Portal View Pages to the Site
1) Return to the Control Panel > Sites tab
2) For the “Customer View” site, go to Actions > Manage Pages
: Click on the Private Pages tab, then click the Import button
4) Select the LAR file from previous export– Click Import
5) On the Look and Feel tab for Private Pages, Select UMP Read-Only from Available Themes and click save
• It is recommended that you limit the amount of sites, for ease of administration. So, instead of creating a “CustomerA” site that only applies to CustomerA, you create a “Default View” site (as shown in the above example) that would apply to all customers, since the pages and portlets you assign are all the same and the data presented will still adhere to “origin ownership.”
• There is no Liferay site connection/association with UIM Accounts.
• A Liferay site is only a template, the account and ACL dictate what is shown in the template.
• If you created two different users in two different Accounts, then assigned them both to the same Site they would each have the same Site-based template, tabs etc, but the data shown in those portlets would be restricted to the Accounts to which they belong.
Removing “My Public Page” and “My Private Page” for ALL USERS
KB000034964: How to Remove Public Pages and Private Pages for All Users in UMP
Make the following additions to the portal-ext.properties file, located on the below path in the server where UMP is located:
• in UIM 8.x and 9.0.1 This is an ALL or NOTHING setting. It affects all users including Administrators/Superusers
• Be sure that you have all of your sites available and configured with the desired pages/portlets before doing this
• Be sure that all users are configured with appropriate permissions to only view the sites required.
• At any time, if you decide you want to undo this, you can change the settings above from false to true (or comment the line)
After this change has been made, any user that has been assigned to a Site will see a view like this one from the “Go to” Menu:
Sites and Virtual Hosts
In a white-labeling environment, you can direct different customers to different custom URLs with a different look-and-feel for each site’s public (login )and private (portal view) pages.
1) navigate to Actions > Edit Settings for that site
2) Click the Site URL tab.
3) In the Private Pages section, be sure and enter the exact same URL you will be using in DNS to which you will direct users. You only need to enter the virtual host in the “Private Virtual Host” field.
After you create the virtual host, you must import the Public (login) page. To do this, first export the public page from the “my.nimsoft.com” site, then import that LAR into the public pages of your new site (or sites).
Export Public Pages:
Related Knowledge Base Articles:
How to create portal views using Sites in CA Nimsoft UMP 7.x and CA UIM Unified Management Portal (UMP) 8.2, 8.3.1
How to Remove Public Pages and Private Pages for All Users in UMP
Users do not have the roles required to access this portlet or are unable to view Dashboards or Private Pages despite being granted permissions in Dashboard Settings
How To Give New UMP Users the Read-only theme
The UMP Web-page/portal does not load
Edit the default login page in UMP
After upgrading the UMP to 8.4 users are not longer landing on their site pages. Did something change how do I correct this?
UMP Views 8.4-8.5.1-9.0.docx
Was this information helpful?