How to Create Masked Versions of an Agile Designer flow
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Agile Requirements Designer
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.0
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.1
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.2
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.3
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.4
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.5
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.6
CA Agile Requirements Designer:Release:2.7
CA Test Case Optimizer:ITKOTC
This document will outline how to save your Agile Designer flows as a masked flow.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer
The 'Save to Masked File' option is an Advanced Feature. You can turn this on and off in the 'Settings' window.
1. In Agile Designer, click on the 'Settings' option in the toolbar.
2. Click on the 'Advanced Features' tab.
3. Expand the 'Flow Features' option.
4. Check the box for 'Save to Masked File'.
5. Click the 'Save' button.
Now that the setting is enabled, you can save a masked version of the flow.
1. Open the flow you want to mask.
2. Click on 'File' in the toolbar.
3. Choose the 'Save Masked to File' option.
4. Expand the 'All' box and options under 'Flow Properties', 'Version Information', and 'Configuration Items'. By default, all the boxes for items to masked are checked.
5. Uncheck boxes for what data inside the flow you would like people to be able to see and check boxes for what data you would like masked. The masked data will just say 'Masked'. It will not be replaced by synthetic data or have any other type of obfuscation applied.
6. Browse to where you would like to save the file to.
7. Name the file.
8. Click the 'Save' button.
9. Go to the location where you saved the file and open the file within ARD to verify everything you want is masked.
10. Now you are able to share with CA Support or others as needed without worrying about sharing sensitive data.
If you experience any issues, please open a support case by going to
Was this information helpful?