How to create a report which will provide me with a definitive list of assets with IE (Internet Explorer) version 8.x installed? As there are many different patches which are available for this version, need a general query report for IE 8 ONLY.
- Launch the DSM Reporter from DSM Explorer via the Tools menu.
- Right click on Report template > Select New Report Template.
- Select Asset or User Report.
- Specify name for Report template as " Microsoft Internet Explorer_ver_8.x
- Add fields "Microsoft Internet explorer"
- Add > Installed > Version Label and > Title from Releases.
- Navigate to the 'Filter Tab', Select 'Field' > from drop down list select "Signature Scan [Category 'Microsoft Internet Explorer']> Version Label.
- Set filter on Version label for value equating to 8.
- Chosen the reporter view to custom HTML and Select 'Custom HTML View option' radio button.
- Click on 'Groups' tab, <Select to define> Based on Select 'Signature Scan [Category' Microsoft Internet Explorer'] Version Label and click 'Ok'. Click 'OK'
- Save and executed the Query in DSM Reporter.
Output: Resulted with the machines installed with various Microsoft Internet Explorer version including both 32 and 64 bit.