The software signature inventory (software scan method) is empty for some machines. Is there a way to create a DSM Report containing such machines?
To proceed with the report creation, follow the steps below:
- Open the DSM Reporter and create a new report template of type "Asset or User Report"
- In the 'General' tab type the report name (In this example: No Software Inventory)
- In the 'Fields' tab, click on the 'Add' button.
In the 'Field Browser' dialog box, click on the 'Software' icon on the left.
In the 'Signature Scan' tab, look for 'CA Unicenter Desktop and Server Management'
Expand 'CA Unicenter Desktop and Server Management/Release/<Any>'
Click on 'Installed' and click on the 'Add' button.
- Click on the 'OK' button in order to close the 'Field Browser' window.
The field "Signature Scan [Category 'CA Unicenter Desktop and Server Management']>Installed" appears in the list.
- Click on the 'OK' button in order to close the 'New Asset or User Report' dialog box.
- The report 'No Software Inventory' is created.
Right click on it and select properties in the popup menu.
The 'Properties for No Software Inventory' appears.
Click on Default View tab and select 'Custom HTML View'
- Click on the 'Settings...' button. The 'Properties for HTML View' window appears.
Click on the 'Groups' tab.
Click on the First line (Group 1) in the list and select the field "Signature Scan [Category 'CA Unicenter Desktop and Server Management']>Installed" in the list in Group1 settings.
- Click the 'OK' button twice in order to close all dialog boxes.
- Execute the report.
The report is separated in 2 sections.
The first section <None> contains all machines with empty software scan inventory
The second section <Yes> contains all machines with software scan inventory
In this example below, computers "jy-wxp" and "COMPUTER10" have empty software scan signature: