The purpose of this document is to show the steps in creating a portal page for customers or users to use.
UMP 7.x - 8.x
The first consideration is what pages and portlets you would like end users to use. For example, in an MSP deployment, the administrator will want to limit the amount of options that end users have. This will usually results in less calls to the help desk with questions about functionality. Many customers create their end-users’ views with the following pages and sites:
- Alarm Console
- Unified Dashboards
- On-Demand Reports (PRD)
REQUIRED STEPS FOR MAKING A PORTAL VIEW
1) Sign in to UMP as a user whose ACL has the "Portal Administration" permission and Liferay “Power User” role.
2) Navigate to the Control Panel by clicking the Go to menu.
3) Under Portal, click on the Sites link.
4) Click on the Add drop-down and select Blank Site.
5) Create a Name for this site, select the drop-down under Membership Type and select Private, and save the changes.
6) Click View All and find the site name you just created.
7) Click on the Actions drop-down and select Manage Pages.
8) Click on Private Pages and select Add Page from the top.
9) Provide a Name for this page and click the Add Page button for adding this to the Site and click the Save button.
MAKE THE SITE A READ-ONLY THEME (IF APPLICABLE)
Click the UMP read-only theme at the bottom.
EXPORTING AND IMPORTING THE SITE
10) Click the Export button and make sure you remember where this was downloaded to and click the Save button.
11) Click back onto the Private Pages tab and click Import from the top menu. Navigate to the the place where the export was downloaded to in Step 10 and click on the Import button.
12) Navigate to the Go to section at the top of UMP and select the site you just created.
13) Click on Add/Portlet from the top left menu. I am going to add some Collaboration tools to the Wiki page by clicking the icon next to Collaboration to view the sections that are available.
14) You can also add additional pages to this site if needed. I am going to add another Page named Dashboards by selecting the Add/Page from the top left menu. Enter Dashboards for the name and press enter to save the changes.
15) I am also going to add the ListDesigner and Dashboard portlets to the Dashboards page from the Add/Portlet top left menu and Monitoring section. Refer to Step 13 for adding these portlets to the page. Once these pages have been added to the Site, you must refresh UMP by pressing F5 to see the information added. Make sure that all the pages and portlets are added to the site that you would like new users to have by default before going on to the next step. It is finally recommended to add Users and Groups to this site and their respective permissions.
14) Navigate to the Control Panel in the Go to menu.
15) Ensure that the Site you created is selected in the drop-down list by referring to the image below. Select Site Memberships link on the left and select Add Members from the top menu items.
16) You can add Users and/or User Groups to this site for permissions that the users will be using. This will bring up the Users and/or User Groups that have been created. Place a check in the boxes for the User or User Group sections that need to be added to this site.
** Note: If help is needed creating Users and User Groups, please refer to the Creating Users and User Groups in UMP.
17) These sites are now created and ready for users to use.