I want to create a Page Index for a Sysout stored in the CA View database.
- From the "Selection Sysout List" panel tab next to the report/sysout you want to create an index for and "S" select it.
- On the command line, from the Browse screen you will type VIEW.
- This will take you to the "View Definition" panel. Fill in the panel.
- Once you fill in the fields you want, enter/type "P" on the command line. P = Define page indexing criteria.
- Now you are in the "View Definition - Indexing Criteria" panel. Fill in the panel and hit enter.
- PF3 to backout to the "View Definition" panel and enter/type SAVE on the command line. This will save the index.
- PF3 again until you are in the "Selection Sysout List" panel. Once you are in that panel, you want to tab next to the sysout/report and enter "I". This will generate JCL to create the index for you.
- Go to the command line on that same panel and type in "SUB" to submit the JCL created.
- You may be presented with a panel containing a jobcard. Modify the jobcard if necessary and hit Enter.
- Check the output of the job to make sure that you received a RC=0.
- If everything is fine, then you can go back to the "Selection Sysout List" panel and select the report/sysout and it should take you to the "Page Index Selection List" panel. Tab next to the index and "S" select it.