You can configure CA SPECTRUM to notify you when a fault device resumes its back-to-normal condition. This solution uses Event Configuration Editor to provide an example of how to configure CA SPECTRUM to generate a Normal Alarm when Pingable device is back contactable.
The solution is made up of two major steps:
- Raise Normal Alarm when Pingable device is back contactable
- Clear Normal Alarm when Pingable device is not contactable
To Raise Normal Alarm when Pingable device is back contactable
- Launch ECEditor and filter for event 0x00010301.
- On the Alarms tab, Generated Alarm section, select Normal as Severity and fill in fields for Symptoms, Probable Causes, and Recommended Actions.
- Select the tab Event Options and click [Override...] button.
- Select Pingable in the Model Type dialog and click [OK].
- Select checkbox Store Event in Historical Database if you want the event to be stored in the database.
- Launch ECEditor and filter for event 0x00010d35.
- Click the triangle with '+' sign icon in the "Cleared Alarm(s)" box.
The dialog Add Cleared Alarm dialog will appear.
- Click [Browse ...] button and select for alarm 0x00010301.
- From the menu bar, select File, Save All.