The customer would like make a Service Desk 184.108.40.206 field (date format type) available into Asset form on ITAM 220.127.116.11.
During the creation of the field in the ITAM (text format type) the field is created without a problem, but when attempting to create the field (date format type) an error occurs, where a red dot appears at the top of the field creation window.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to WSP (Web Screen Painter)
2. Schema Designer
3. Select the table "nr (configuration Item)" and a double clik
4. Select "assoc_cntx" and right click Select "add column"
5. Create the column 'Z_Start_Date' and set the field type to 'DATE' and save
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 and create the column 'Z_End_Date' and set the field type to 'DATE' and save
7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 and create the column 'Z_Stage' and set the field type to 'STRING' and set the amount of characters 'Character sequence length' and save
8. Repeat steps 4 and 5 and create the column and the column 'Z_Action' and set the field type to 'STRING' and set the amount of characters 'Character sequence length' and save
9. Go to file and click on "save and publish"
10. Stop the SDM Service
11. Open a command prompt and type the command 'pdm_publish'
12. Start the SDM
13. Open a command prompt and type the command 'pdm_webcache -H'
14. Check the MDB if the columns were created within the table 'usp_owned_resource'
15. Login to WSP
16. Go to file and select open and search by the form "cmdb_detail.htmpl"
17. Add the fields in the formats, 'date' and 'text' with the same name used for creation of the columns in the previous step. Associate each field to your referenced column.
2º - Steps to reproduce - In the ITAM Server
1. Login to ITAM
2. New Asset
3. Select Configure "ON"
4. Configuration "CT2" and click "Add Extension"
5. Select "Simple Field" and "Choose the page section to add this field to: Basic Information" click Next
6. Click in "Add Field"
6.1. Label: Z_Stage
6.2. Format: Character
6.3. Field Name: Z_Staged
6.4. Attribute Name: Z_Stage
6.5. Field Size: The same value defined in the creation of the field in the Schema Designer of the WSP
7. Click in "Save" and then "Next" and "Save and New"
8. Repeat steps 4 through 7 and in the steps (6.1/6.3/6.4) use the name 'Z_Action'. In step 6.2 keep the Format "Character"
9. Repeat steps 5 and 6
9.1 Label: Z_End_Date
9.2 Format: Data
9.3 Field Name: Z_End_Date
9.4 Attribute Name: Z_End_Date
10. Click in "Save" at the top of the window is displayed a red dot and it is not possible to proceed with the creation of the field
CA SDM 17.1.x
CA ITAM 17.1.x
This issue is caused by: DE46424
Contact Support so that we can assess the problem and indicate the solution.
Please perform following while creating shared date fields between ITAM and SDM.
1. Once the field is created in SDM, create the field in ITAM as number field instead of date field.
2. Run following 2 queries in the database:
update al_form_attribute_def set control_type_id = 10 where class_name = 'usp_owned_resource' and attribute_name = 'z_end_date'
update arg_field_def set data_type = 99 where field_name like 'z_end_date' and table_name like '%usp_owned_resource%'