This document explains the procedure for creating a derived universe which can be used for promoting schema changes in BOXI.
The following are the guidelines for CA ServiceDesk Universe
- Do not modify the default development CA Service Desk universe installed with CA BI.
- Maintain the z_ naming convention for the universe file name on all derived universes.
- Use the CA Service Desk connection, then store the universe in the CA Customer Universe folder.
Steps to create a derived universe
- Open the Business Objects Designer and login as Administrator.
- Click on File->New and the Universe Parameters window appears.
- In the Definition tab, enter a name for the derived universe. Figure 1
- Enter the Description for the universe (Optional)
- In the Connection drop down, select CA ServiceDesk Figure 2
- Go to Links tab, click on Add Link. Figure 3
- In the Universe To Link dialog box, navigate to CA ServiceDesk universe. Figure 4
- Click OK to close the Universe Parameters box. Designer may take few minutes to save the link and create the derived universe.
- Designer will open the derived universe in the Designer. Figure 5
- Select File->Parameters->Parameters tab. Select the parameter ANSI92, in the value field enter Yes and click on Replace button. Figure 6
- Go to the Controls tab and change the values for the parameters appropriate to your implementation. Figure 7
- On the menu bar, click on Tools->Hierarchies
- Select the custom hierarchies if any then click on Add arrow to move the hierarchies to the right side. If there are no custom hierarchies, leave the default settings Figure 8
- Click on File->Save and the Save As dialog box appears.
- In the File name field, enter a file name starting with 'z_' and save to the same folder which has the CA ServiceDesk universe. Figure 9
- The derived universe need to be exported to CMS to make it available. Select File->Export, from the Domain drop down click on Browse and locate the CA Universe folder.Figure 10
- Click on OK to upload the universe to the CMS. A message "Universe successfully exported" is displayed.
- Login to Infoview as Administrator
- Select Public Folders->In the infoview tool bar click New->Folder Figure 11
- Enter a Folder name and click on Ok. This creates a folder where the custom reports created using the derived universe can be stored. Figure 12