Below are instructions on to create the log file and attach it to the CA support case.
1. Go to the Windows Start menu.
2. Click on the All Programs option.
3. Expand the CodeMeter folder.
4. Expand the Tools folder.
5. Click on the CmDust program.
6. A command prompt will open and run the CmDust program.
7. A log file called CmDust-Result.log will be created and saved to the user directory, which automatically opens when starting CmDust.
8. Send this file to CA Support.
- For Mac, you will need to create the CmDust file using the cmu command line program. This is stored in the search path.
1. Open the cmu command line program.
2. Type in the following command: cmu --dust.
3. Using the option --file allows you to specify a name and the storage location. By default the file displays in the screen console.
4. Send this file to CA Support.
To Upload Files to a CA Support Case:
1. Login to https://support.ca.com/us.html.
2. Click on the 'Case Management' icon.
3. Look in your 'My Cases' tab or search for the case number in the 'Search Cases' tab.
4. Click on the 'Attachments' -> 'Manage File Attachments' section.
5. Login to supportftp.ca.com (if prompted).
6. Click on the 'files_from_cusotmer' link.
7. Browse for the CmDust-Result.log file and click the 'Upload' button.