This document details how to create a change event on a field, and how to trigger the change event in Unicenter Asset Portfolio Management (UAPM) 11.3.4.
How to create a CHANGE event in UAPM on a specific field:
- From the main menu click on 'events and notifications'.
- Expand Change Events, then expand By Field, then expand Asset Version, then Portfolio Status.
- Click the NEW under portfolio status to create a new change event on this field; enter an Event Name, like 'My Change Event (below).
- Leave the other default drop down values the same - we are creating an event that will 'trigger' an email notification whenever the portfolio status field changes from 'any value' to 'any other value'.
- Click Insert row, check the enable box, change the type to initial event, and type some text in the text box - then click SAVE.
How to trigger the CHANGE EVENT:
- Create a new asset - example below is a new hardware asset - DO NOT PRESS SAVE YET.
- DO NOT PRESS SAVE YET!
Scroll down and enter the portfolio status as 'available'.
- Now, scroll up and press save.
- Next we are going to trigger the email send.
- Expand status history for asset in the left menu pane and click 'unspecified - date acquired'.
- Change the date acquired field to today's date; click to change the status drop down to 'In Repair' or to any other value and click save.
- You should then receive an email that this asset has changed. (if you have configured notification server correctly!)