How to create a backup .BIAR file in CA Business Intelligence (CABI) 4.1 SP3
This document provides a high level adhoc backup procedure to export report content from a CABI 4.1 SP3 server to a backup file (.BIAR file).
1. Create a folder called "backup" in "C:/Program Files(x86)/CA/SC/Common Reporting"
2. Launch Upgrade Management wizard on the CABI Server from "Start Menu -> All Programs -> CA -> CA Business Intelligence 4.1.
3. Select the 'Complete Upgrade' option and click Next.
4. Set Upgrade Scenario dropdown to: Live to Biar
5. Choose Source as the CABI Server and provide the needed details for the source CABI Server.
6. Choose Destination as "BIAR file" and provide the path of "backup" folder created in Step #1 above. Click Next.
7. Ensure all the required objects are selected/checked in the "Select objects to import" screen. Click Start.
8. This will import all the CABI objects in to ".BIAR" file and will place the BIAR file in the "backup" folder created in Step #1 above.
9. After the objects are exported, a message stating 'Upgrade Completed' displays. Click OK and click Close on the resulting window.
10. The BIAR file now contains a backup of all the CABI objects exported.