This document explains settings to check when the error is displayed
%%CAUAI_E_001 Failed to connect to the Unicenter Asset Intelligence Database Engine
while accessing CA Client Automation Interface, running dbextract to export data to CA Asset Intelligence.
After you click OK, the browser will display following error.
UAI aborted due to bad setup
PHP Warning: odbc_connect() [function.odbc-connect]: SQL error:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Login failed for user 'aiowner'., SQL state 28000 in SQLConnect in C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter Asset
Intelligence\webroot\intelligence\public\common\pGBS.inc on line 820
All Supported Windows platforms
CA Asset Intelligence
CA Client Automation 12.8 and 12.9
These errors are usually caused by either a bad login and or a combination of the use of special characters in the AIuser's password or SQL ODBC connection issues.
- First try to connect to the MDB using a ODBC connection from the AI Server. (See Note)
- While creating the ODBC Connection, use aiowner as the username and appropriate password.
If you are not able to connect, then move to the next steps.
- Check whether aiowner and aiuser are created in SQL.
- Try resetting their password in SQL Server
- After resetting the password, try opening the Admin Interface.
If the error occurs again, then please check these steps.
- The password for aiowner must not contain special character ";" [semicolon]
- This character is used by the JDBC as a string terminator.
- Reset the password in SQL and then try opening the Admin Interface.
Note - To create an ODBC connection, follow these steps.
- Click on Start - Settings - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Data source [ODBC].
- Select System DSN tab.
- Click on Add.
- Select SQL Server from the list and click on Finish.
- Enter details such as SQL Server name, name for the connection. Once done, click on Next.
- Select With SQL Server Authentication.
- Enter aiowner as the user name and correct password. Click on Next.
- Select the checkbox for Change the default database to and select mdb. Click on Next.
- On the next screen, just click on Finish.
- Now, on the ODBC Microsoft SQL Server Setup, click on Test Data Source.
- If the aiowner password is correct, "Test Successful" message will be displayed.