How to convert a RedHat Linux NFA Harvester to Windows while retaining historical data.
- Do a clean install of NFA Harvester software on the new Windows server.
- Make sure you install the same version of the NFA software that you are using with the rest of the environment.
- The server must meet the minimum hardware and software requirements.
- Stop all Services on both the Linux and Windows harvesters.
- Copy the Harvester/Poller databases over to windows.
- Databases on NFA 9.1.0 to NFA 9.2.1 are located in opt/CA/NFA/mysql51/data on Linux. For Windows <installpath>/CA/NFA/mysql51/data.
- Databases on NFA 9.3.0+ are located in opt/CA/NFA/mysql/data on Linux. For Windows <installpath>/CA/NFA/mysql/data.
- Make sure to rename the current Harvester/Poller folders within the Windows directory before copying in the Linux databases.
- Then copy over the actual data itself by moving the ReaperArchive and ReaperArchive15 folders to the Windows server.
- Data folders are located in opt/ca/nfa/netflow/datafiles on Linux. For Windows <installpath>/CA/NFA/netflow/datafiles.
- Make sure to rename the current ReaperArchive/ReaperArchive15 folders within the Windows directory before copying in the Linux databases.
- Just start the NetQoS Mysql51 Service.
- Then have to make DB directory changes from within MySql. (These instructions assume you install it to "D:/CA")
- RDP to the Windows NFA Harvester Server:
- Login to the Harvester database with the command: mysql -P3308 harvester
- For the 'parameter_descriptions' table:
- update parameter_descriptions set defaultvalue='D:/CA/NFA/Netflow' where parameter='harvesterInstallRoot';
- update parameter_descriptions set defaultvalue='D:/CA/NFA/tzinfo' where parameter='tzInfoDir';
- update parameter_descriptions set defaultvalue='D:/CA/NFA/tzinfo' where parameter='RealtimeReaper_ErrorLogFile';
- For the 'extended_parameter_values' table:
- update extended_parameters_values set value='D:/CA/NFA//Netflow//Logs//RealtimeReaperErrors%04d-%02d-%02d.log' where id='97';
- update extended_parameters_values set value='D:/CA/NFA//Netflow//Logs//RealtimeReaperExceptions%04d-%02d-%02d.log' where id='114'
- Start the rest of the services.
- Go to the NFA Administration->Harvester page and click "Edit" for this Harvester and change the IP address of the Harvester to reflect the new server's IP address. Do NOT delete the Harvester, this will result in a deletion of all routers and interfaces associated with that Harvester.
NOTE: Make sure permissions are retained during the process of copying the files over. Manual update of folder and file permissions may be necessary.