SOI and EEM are installed on the same server. The new version of EEM has been installed on another server. How do we point / configure SOI to use the new EEM install?
Original(Current) EEM Server:
- Logon to the EEM UI.
- Choose the SSA-<Current Host> Application
- Login as the "EiamAdmin" user
- Click on the Configure folder tab
- Click on the EEM Server link
- Click on the Export Application link
- Click on the Export button
- A File downloads, please save this file.
- Logout from EEM
- Unzip above saved file, it will have .xml file.
On New EEM Server:
- Copy the above .xml to new EEM server
- Open SSA-<current>.xml file and modify any entries SSA-<current> to new desired application name like SSA-<new_hostname> or leave them as it is.
Open command prompt
- CD to \\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\iTechnology
- Run below command...
safex -h <New EEM Host> -u EiamAdmin -P <password> -f "<above xml file path>"
Note: If above command successfully excuted, then you will be able to see the Application Instance created under new EEM.
- Update 'SamUI\conf\jaas.config' with new EEM server host.
- Update \SOI_HOME\tomcat\registry\topology\physical\node0\sor\eem.properties with new EEM Host.
- Run "registryloader" from \tomcat\registry.
- Restart both SOI Manager and UI services.
Note: If there is a password change, follow the steps in SOI Implementation guide, page 131.