Below are the steps for the CA Mobile OTP Desktop client logger configuration. (version 2.3.1 tested)
- First create a new environment variable on the system where the OTP client is installed:
- Open a cmd prompt (as Administrator) and start your browser from its executable path (e.g. Firefox or Internet Explorer)
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
- "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe"
- Important: Not opening your browser instance with cmd prompt will not enable debug.
- Then find the shortcut location in your start menu > Programs > CA-Mobile-OTP-Desktop-Client
- Right click on the html link and select properties
- Copy the Target location of the shortcut link and past it into your cmd line opened browser instance.
- Add the italicized and boldface arguments on the end of the url address below so that the address looks similar to the below:
This should immediately create the debug log after launching the url. If necessary, launch cmd prompt as administrator.