The NSM log agent messages may not be displayed in the Spectrum NSM System Host Events Tab after discovery. This occurs when the NSM Log Agent is not configured to send traps to Spectrum and or the NSM Log Agent policy is not configured to send each matched trap to Spectrum.
The below steps will allow you to:
- Configure the NSM Log Agent to send traps to the Spectrum Server.
- Configure the NSM Log Agent Policy to send each matched trap over to Spectrum.
- Configure the NSM Log Agent to send traps to Spectrum Server.
- Navigate to NSM agent machine
- Open Windows Explorer, then navigate to file Program Files\CA\SC\CCS\AT\SERVICES\CONFIG\AWS_SADMIN\aws_sadmin.cfg
- Add an entry to direct the NSM Agent to forward traps to SpectroServer. See below highlighted example.
# TYPE Host/IP|Port Comment
# -------- ------------- --------------------
SNMP_TRAP localhost|162 # traps to localhost
SNMP_TRAP <spectroserver>|162 #Traps to SpectroServer
- Save changes to the aws_sadmin.cfg file, then recycle awservices.
- Open a command prompt
- Run: c:\> awservices stop
- Wait for the stop to complete, then run c:\> awservices start
- Configure the NSM Log Agent Policy to send each matched trap to SpectroServer.
Note: This step has to be performed for each Log Watcher.
- Navigate to the NSM MCC (Management Command Center) and locate the NSM Log Agent
- Right Click on the NSM Log Agent, select Actions then click on Select View Agent
- Select View then click on Log Watchers
- Select a Log Watcher, then click on to validate or modify the Log Watcher's configuration
- Validate or Modify the Trap Send Policy: Each and Match Trap Policy: Send. See below screenshot.